What is a QMAP?
Qualified medication administration personnel
(QMAP) classes teach unlicensed staff members to safely administer medications in certain settings where it’s authorized by law. This course theory is online and self paced and the hands on portion will be scheduled to be completed in person at the assigned location.
QMAP average salaries vary depending what type of facility they are employed at. Generally it can range from $12-15 per hour.
A QMAP can:
- Administer medications according to written physician’s orders.
- Maintain proper documentation of the administration of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Use proper techniques when administering medications by various routes.
- Safely and accurately fill and administer medications to and from medication reminder boxes with oversight from a licensed person or qualified manager.
- Administer medications only in authorized settings:
- Assisted living residences.
- Adult foster care facilities.
- Alternative care facilities.
- Residential child care facilities.
- Secure residential treatment centers.
- State certified adult day programs.
- Program approved service agencies (PASA) serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
A QMAP isn’t:
- Certified or licensed.
- Trained or authorized to make any type of judgment, assessment or evaluation of a client.
Upon completing this course, contact the Colorado Medical Health Training/ Colorado Nurses Aide School to schedule your in-person practicum. More information regarding the practicum is located at the end of the course.
Qualified Medication Administration Personnel
- PLEASE FILL OUT ROSTER INFORMATION
- About your Instructor
- Lesson 1: Concepts
- Lesson 2: Uses and Forms of Drugs
- Lesson 3: Medication Orders
- Lesson 4: Medication Administration Records (MAR)
- Lesson 5: Medication Reminder Boxes
- Lesson 6: Medication Administation Procedures
- Lesson 7: Medication Errors
- Lesson 8: Medication Storage
- Medication Administration Manual
- Qualified Medical Administration Powerpoint
- Required Hands On Practical Videos
- Answer Key
- Definitions and Pages Missing
- Test 1
- Student Survey
- PLEASE READ AFTER PASSING THE EXAM