What is a QMAP?
Qualified medication administration personnel
(QMAP) classes teach unlicensed staff members to safely administer medications in certain settings where it’s authorized by law. This course theory is online and self paced and the hands on portion will be scheduled to be completed in person at the assigned location.
QMAP average salaries vary depending what type of facility they are employed at. Generally it can range from $12-15 per hour.
A QMAP can:
- Administer medications according to written physician’s orders.
- Maintain proper documentation of the administration of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Use proper techniques when administering medications by various routes.
- Safely and accurately fill and administer medications to and from medication reminder boxes with oversight from a licensed person or qualified manager.
- Administer medications only in authorized settings:
- Assisted living residences.
- Adult foster care facilities.
- Alternative care facilities.
- Residential child care facilities.
- Secure residential treatment centers.
- State certified adult day programs.
- Program approved service agencies (PASA) serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
A QMAP isn’t:
- Certified or licensed.
- Trained or authorized to make any type of judgment, assessment or evaluation of a client.
Upon completing this course, contact the Colorado Medical Health Training/ Colorado Nurses Aide School to schedule your in-person practicum. More information regarding the practicum is located at the end of the course.
REFUND AND CANCELATION POLICY
No guarantee of success, real or implied provided.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds offered.
No call no show and any last minute rescheduling request will result in automatic forfeit of all fees paid. Reschedule requests for the hands on portion of the course need to be in writing 48 hours in advance and emailed to Carolyn@medicalhealthtraining.com. Only one reschedule request offered per registration-credit good for QMAP class of equal value within 30days of originally scheduled hands on portion of the class.
Qualified Medication Administration Personnel
- PLEASE FILL OUT ROSTER INFORMATION
- About your Instructor
- Qualified Medical Administration Powerpoint
- Lesson 1: Concepts
- Lesson 2: Uses and Forms of Drugs
- Lesson 3: Medication Orders
- Lesson 4: Medication Administration Records (MAR)
- Lesson 5: Medication Reminder Boxes
- Lesson 6: Medication Administation Procedures
- Lesson 7: Medication Errors
- Lesson 8: Medication Storage
- Medication Administration Manual
- Required Hands On Practical Videos
- Unit Reviews
- Answer Key
- Test 1
- PLEASE READ AFTER PASSING THE EXAM