This course is designed for those in health care fields that require an American Heart Association certification card.
Upon completion, passing students receive an American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification.
All formats are taught by an American Heart Association (AHA) certified instructor and follow the AHA guidelines for the course.
BLS Provider Course
You will learn and practice CPR for adults, children, and infants on individual manikins using a face mask and ambu bag for airway management. You will learn and practice with an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). You will learn how to relieve choking due to a foreign-body obstruction.
Basic Life Support
- About Your Instructor
- Lesson 1: General Concepts
- Lesson 2: BLS for Adults
- Lesson 3: Automated External Defibrillator for Adults and Children 8 Years of Age and Older
- Lesson 4: Team Dynamics
- Lesson 5: BLS for Infants and Children
- Lesson 6: Automated External Defibrillator for Infants and Children Less Than 8 Years of Age
- Lesson 7: Ventilation Techniques
- Lesson 8: Opioid- Associated Life-Threatening Emergencies
- Lesson 9: Choking Relief for Adults, Children, and Infants
- Basic Life Support Exam
- PLEASE READ AFTER COMPLETING YOUR EXAM